Saturday, July 7, 2012

A company we are proud to support

I do not like to spend money. 


I thrive off of getting a deal because it means saving money. Although, I do love to buy things for others, for the most part I'd rather save than spend. 


That said, if its for a good cause or a business or person to support I am happy to cut back other ways and support away. 


The other night we went out to Chick Fil A, a fast food chicken place in the States that I am proud to support. 


Their original company purpose is "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." = awesome! 


In fact, since 1960 when it began they have stuck to their beliefs and are not open on Sundays anywhere! 


This is what Mr. Cathy said,  "I was not so committed to financial success that I was willing to abandon my principles and priorities. One of the most visible examples of this is our decision to close on Sunday. Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and of directing our attention to things that mattered more than our business" = double awesome. (what great challenge for us all to stick to!) 


The thing is that some people can see that committing to something like that keeps them behind the times and the business would suffer. Not so. They are the second largest chicken chain in America! 


Values aside, the food is great and Hannah had a wonderful time playing in the play place! 



Best part is that Hannah's fun did not end at the restaurant. She got to take a balloon home that she was given by one of the staff members and her "toy" from her (first ever!) kids meal was an awesome Little Critters book! Inside the book is a note from the owner stating his value in family and kids growing up right = awesome! 

If you are ever in the States try Chick Fil A, support a great company and get great food! 

chick-fil-a

1 comment:

  1. while were down in the USA I have to agree!
    we have been a couple of times - usually for an unsweetened tea for me and a kids meal of grilled chicken and apple sauce for Lil. I dont love the nutrition (its still fast food, obvi!) but its a GREAT company. the employees are so kind and the "toy" for the kids meals are those awesome little critters books!

    ReplyDelete